What is Manufactured Brick Veneer?
Manufactured Brick veneer is a thin layer layered material that’s used to give the appearance of a solid brick wall or surface. It’s typically made from lightweight materials, such as concrete or clay, and is often used as an alternative to traditional, full-thickness brick masonry.
One of the main advantages of brick veneer is its versatility. It can be used on a variety of surfaces, including concrete, wood, and even drywall. This makes it an excellent option for homeowners who want to add the classic charm and durability of brick to their home, without the need for a full-scale renovation or the added weight of a traditional brick wall.
Brick Veneer Cost Savings
Another advantage of brick veneer is its cost. Because it is made from lightweight materials and requires less labour to install, it is often less expensive than traditional brick masonry. This makes it an affordable option for homeowners without breaking the bank.
In addition to its versatility and cost-effectiveness, brick veneer also offers a number of other benefits. It is easy to maintain and can be cleaned and sealed just like a traditional brick. It is also resistant to damage from the elements, making it a durable option for both interior and exterior applications.
One of the most popular uses for brick veneer is as a siding material for homes. It can be installed over the existing siding of a home, adding the classic look of brick without the need for major construction. It is also a popular choice for interior design, where it can be used to create a feature wall or add character to a space.
How To Install Manufactured Brick Veneer?
Overall, brick veneer is an excellent choice for homeowners who want to add the classic charm and durability of brick to their homes without the cost and hassle of a full-scale renovation. Whether you are looking to update the exterior of your home or want to add a touch of character to your interior design, brick veneer is a versatile and affordable option that is sure to impress.
The process of applying brick veneer to the exterior of a home typically involves the following steps:
- Prepare the surface: The first step is to prepare the surface where the brick veneer will be applied. This may involve cleaning and repairing any damage to the existing wall, as well as installing a waterproof membrane to protect the underlying structure.
- Install the lath: The next step is to install a metal lath over the prepared surface. This lath will provide a sturdy backing for the brick veneer and help ensure that it is securely attached to the wall.
- Apply the mortar: Once the lath is in place, the next step is to apply a layer of mortar to the lath. This mortar will act as a bonding agent between the lath and the brick veneer.
- Install the brick veneer: Once the mortar has dried, the next step is to install the brick veneer. This is typically done by attaching individual bricks to the lath using more mortar. The bricks are carefully placed and aligned to create a smooth, even surface.
- Fill the joints: Once the brick veneer is installed, the next step is to fill the joints between the bricks with mortar. This will help create a seamless, cohesive look and provide additional support for the brick veneer.
- Clean and seal: The final step is to clean the surface of the brick veneer and apply a sealant to protect it from water and other environmental factors. This will help ensure that the brick veneer lasts many years and maintains its attractive appearance.
Kapstone Masonry Is Here To Help!
Overall, applying brick veneer to the exterior of a home is a complex process that requires careful preparation and attention to detail. It is typically best done by a professional contractor who has experience with this type of work. Kapstone Masonry has been installing Brick and Stone veneer in the Calgary area for over 12 years. We have the knowledge and expertise to make your manufactured brick veneer project look great!